In our art lessons this term we have been making Avatar Masks. We really like them and they are fun to wear. If you want to make your own here's how:
How to make an Avatar Mask
1. Firstly, blow up a balloon
2. Mix pva glue with a little water to make a thin paste similar to yoghurt.
3. Next, tear some strips of newspaper and dip these in the glue.
4. Cover the whole of the balloon with 4 - 5 layers of gluey newspaper.
5. Leave it overnight so it can dry completely.
6. Once it is dry cut the balloon in half and then cut out two diamonds where the eyes will go.
7. Add more paper for the nose, cheeks, lips and eyebrows and using the same technique as before glue more paper over them to attach in place.
8. Leave to dry overnight.
9. Now paint the mask in blue (use darker shades to highlight shadows on cheeks and lips)
10. Decorate the mask with small white spots on the nose cheeks and forehead.
11. Finally attach coloured wool for the eyebrows and hair.
Enjoy wearing your mask!